How to Proceed with your Application
- Complete and sign the tenancy application form and return it to Mint Homes via email.
- Once references are successful you will be required to pay a deposit, equal to 5 weeks rent (6 weeks
rent, where the annual rent is greater than £50,000.00). This is then registered with our Government approved tenancy deposit protection scheme, The Deposit Protection Service (DPS) within 30 days of receipt.
I understand that providing false information may lead to a tenancy being refused or early termination of any subsequent tenancy agreement.
Mint Homes use a third party referencing company, therefore you are agreeing to be contacted by that company.
Mint Homes and the referencing company will hold your data securely and only use it with regard to the referencing of the tenancy application and future tenancy.
I have read and agree to be bound by the terms above.
Under the Tenant Fees Act, there are four grounds which a holding deposit can be retained by the letting agent or landlord. These are:
- If the tenant fails a right to rent check;
- If the tenant provides false or misleading information;
- If the tenant pulls out of the application process before the Deadline for Agreement (the Deadline for Agreement is 15 calendar days from the time the holding deposit was taken to when the contract is signed and dated by both parties);
- If the tenant fails to take all reasonable steps to enter into the tenancy agreement.
The holding deposit will need to be returned to the tenant if:
- The letting agent or landlord pulls out of the application process before the deadline for agreement;
- The letting agent or landlord fails to take all reasonable steps to enter into the tenancy agreement.
General Data Protection Regulations
By providing us with the above information you consent to us obtaining, holding and using personal data about you in connection with the business of letting and renting out of residential properties for so long as may be reasonably required for our legitimate purpose.